1) Select a movie: For this assignment, you will need to select one movie. Even if it is a movie you have seen before, you need to re-watch the movie with a critical eye towards the social construction of reality and illustrations of other sociological/cultural concepts. If you would like to analyze a movie that is not on the list, please send me a message to clear it with me
2) Analyze the movie: After watching the movie, you will write a 2-4 page review, consisting of:
a) introductory paragraph noting the relevance of the movie to the course
b) one-page description/summary of the contents of the film; some questions you could address are:
-Major substantive points of the movie?
-Any secondary points made?
c) 1-2 pages in which you use at least 4 sociological/pop cultural concepts and theories covered in this course to analyze the movie (cite class materials and outside sources as you do so)
2) Submissions should be typed, double-spaced, 1″ margins, times new roman 12 pt font, and saved as .doc, .docx, .pdf.
3) Use APA format for citations and references
4) View the grading rubric so you understand how you will be assessed on this Assignment.
5) Disclaimer- Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
6) This course has “Resubmission” status enabled to help you if you realized you submitted an incorrect or blank file, or if you need to submit multiple documents as part of your Assignment. Resubmission of an Assignment after it is grades, to attempt a better grade, is not permitted.