HS100-2: Discuss the roles and responsibilities of selected health science professionals.
GEL-1.02: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English. GEL
Write a paper regarding your chosen profession that incorporates the reading and research you have completed in the course so far. Your paper should include the following sections:
- Overview of the profession
- Educational requirements including any relevant certifications or credentials
- Personality traits and skill sets required for your profession. Explain how the traits you learned about yourself from the personality profile line up with your field and areas you may need to work on.
- Summary of your career goals
- How Purdue Global Career Services can assist you in obtaining your career goals
- Where you see yourself in 5 years
Since this is may be the first paper you are writing for a college level course, you are welcome and highly encouraged to use this template to help you complete this Assignment.
Your grade will be determined by both the content of your paper and also your writing and format.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- Include an introduction and conclusion
- Include topic sentences with supporting statements in each paragraph,
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word (3-5 full pages) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a cover sheet;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
- include correct citations
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references at the bottom of the last page.
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University Honor Code, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.