Essay: Write a 1000-1200 word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each questions. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which question you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount.
1. What strengths and limitations do the clinical (or case study) method and ethnography have in common?
2. Distinguish among age-graded, history-graded, and non-normative influences on lifespan development. Cite an example of each in Sofie’s story at the beginning of this chapter.
3. What is epigenesis, and how does it differ from range of reaction and genetic–environmental correlation? Provide an example of epigenesis.
4. Links between family and community foster development throughout the lifespan. Cite several examples from our discussion that support this idea.
5. Why is genetic counseling called a communication process? Who should seek it?
6. Using your knowledge of X-linked inheritance, explain why males are more vulnerable than females to miscarriage, infant death, genetic disorders, and other problems.
7. Why is the period of the embryo regarded as the most dramatic prenatal period? Why is the fetal period called the “growth and finishing” phase?
8. What functions does REM sleep serve in young infants? Can sleep tell us anything about the health of the newborn’s central nervous system? Explain.