Generally, the Research Paper should review a topic, including a brief history, why it is relevant to Human Resources (and workplace safety/risk management in particular), and detail current best practices as related to the topic. You may also describe any relevant professional experiences. In your Research Paper, be certain to discuss how the core values of respect, integrity, and community relate to your topic.
The Research Paper should be 5-7 pages in length (not including reference page/pages or title page), double-spaced, and in a 12-point font. Longer or shorter papers will be accepted as long as writing is both concise and complete. Each paper should include an APA style reference section. Refer to the book A Writer’s Reference for information on formatting in APA style.
Your paper will be graded on content, organization, clarity, creativity, interest, grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Please make sure to proofread your paper before submitting it.
Assignments should conform to the following criteria:
- All submissions should follow APA formatting.
- Margins should be 1” in all directions.
- Papers should be double-spaced and in a highly readable 12-point font (Arial, Times New
Roman or Verdana are recommended). Headings may be larger.
- The paper must follow the academic research format (APA) and, unless otherwise specified,
should include a brief abstract or executive summary that explains what the paper is about.
- Format for in-text citations and the Reference page should also follow APA style.
- At least 2 external credible academic resources should be included to substantiate the
arguments and appropriately cited in text, as well as in the References section. WIKIPEDIA is
not considered to be a credible academic resource and should not be utilized.