In this assessment, you will analyse the case A Dean’s Dilemma: Selection of Student for the MBA Program.
The case study will provide you with an opportunity to critically examine a business case with the aim of conducting business analytics. Your assignment will be evaluated based on a written report.
2. Key Date
|Submission of an individual report||Thursday of Week 4
Thursday, 8 October, 11:00am
Read the case study A Dean’s Dilemma: Selection of Students for the MBA Program by Dhimant Ganatra, Dinesh Kumar Unnikrishnan. You will access the case via “AssessmentsIndividual Project” on Moodle.
You, as a business analyst, are required to develop a preliminary analysis report for the Business School at Jain University. Your report should address the following issues:
- Summarise the key issues that the Business School is facing with supporting explanations and evidence.
- Where do you see the potential value of using business analytics techniques (i.e., descriptive, predictive) to solve the issues that you identified? Please describe each technique and its potential value to solving the issue identified, and justify your choice.
INDIVIDUAL ASSESSMENT: BUSINESS ANALYTICS CASE STUDY
- What data variables would you need access to for any analytics approach you recommended? Please explain the reasons for selecting those variables.
- What are the ethical issues that need to be considered prior to building analytics model(s)?
- UNSW Coversheet. Submit your assignment with a signed coversheet. Fail to include the UNSW coversheet will lead to a 10% penalty, and no marks will be released until the coversheet is received.
- Length. The total length of the report should be 1000 words (+/-10%) excluding cover sheet, table of contents, tables, and references. Fail to comply with the word limit will lead to a 10% penalty. Please note that essential information should be reflected in the main text of your report.
- Table of Contents. Should not exceed one page, restricted to two levels of headlines.
- Format. You should use headings, sub-headings, page numbers, bullet points, diagrams, and tables as appropriate. The file format of the report is PDF.
- References. References and citations should follow Harvard Referencing.
- Appendices are not recommended in your report. All assessment items should be included in the main document.
- File naming: should be “CourseID-StudentID-StudentName” Fail to use the correct file naming will lead to a 10% penalty.