Please use the same company’s for both Parts.
In addition to both of these assignments, is determine the manufacturing process as a production manager, the number of employees needed for each step, how to handle inventory, how to handle downtime and bottlenecks that may occur so that you are to meet customer demand and what to do if you are unable to based on one company you chose.
The following categories represent typical process manufacturing industries:
- Forest and paper products
- Petroleum refining
- Soap and cosmetics
Identify one company for each category (following your instructor’s specific instructions) and determine the following:
- Typical products manufactured by the selected company, including brand names
- Typical raw materials used by the selected company
- Types of processes used by the selected company
Use annual reports, the Internet, or library resources in doing this activity
Select a company from one of the following industries: banking, food service, manufacturing, or retail. For this company:
- Identify the primary activities that the company must perform to provide its product or service.
- Identify an activity base for each of these activities.