The purpose of this assignment is to present and write up the research design of your own thesis or research paper (based on what you have done in Assignment 2).
This is an individual effort where you are required to write in a scholarly manner, the research design chapter of your thesis, or a research paper on research design, based on the selected research problem from assignment 2. You are expected to engage in library and Web searches of appropriate and credible academic and industry sources, for example, the Web of Science or the Web of Knowledge.
The assessment is designed to develop research skills, written and oral communication abilities, independent and critical thinking, organizational abilities, as well as to acquire an understanding of the research topic you selected.
- The assignment should be organised using the following guidelines:
- The cover sheet must identify the student (name and number) and assignment.
- The assignment is expected to be written in an essay style and to have the following components: Abstract, introduction, main section which is the research design (include headings as per the marking scheme), conclusion and references section.
- Reference sources must be cited in the text and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list in an acceptable style.
- The assignment must use12-point font size minimum and at least single line spacing with appropriate section headings.
- The abstract and references list are not included in the word count.
- The assignment must be submitted via the CANVAS Submission Link
|Information Sciences Research Methodology PG (6797)||3000 words *|
|ICT and Engineering Research Methods (9826)||2500 words *|
* Note: You may go over the word limit with up to 150 words. Please do not exceed this limit.