5 references not more than 5 years
Patient is a 68 years old African American male admitted to the facility with the DX: Delusional disorder, Sleeping disorder,CAD, HTN. Pt was seen by psychiatrist for follow up S/p admission. Pt is currently taking Trazodone 25 mg daily for insomnia, Zoloft 25mg p.o daily for delusional disorder. Pt has no GDR recommended at this time due to Pt still remains delusional. Pt remains on current medications. Pt will be follow up in month.
- Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
- Evaluate the efficacy of motivational interviewing techniques for clients*
- Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
* The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 7.
Select a client whom you observed or counseled this week. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
- Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
- Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
- Explain whether motivational interviewing would be effective with this client. Include expected outcomes based on this therapeutic approach. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
- Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.