Objective: Explain theoretical concepts using behavioral examples drawn from popular films and the media.
Description: Each group will select a celebrity (celebrities) or fictional character(s) from a movie/TV show, etc., and discuss this individual’s significant life events and milestones as you see it relates to their personality development. You may select one person as a group to address all the points outlined below or select a few individuals to analyze individually while addressing them with the same theories the group selects. Your presentation should be 12-15 slides in length (this does notinclude your title slide and reference slide. Be sure to include correctly formatted APA citations.
Your presentation should include the following:
- Clear identification of the two (2) personality development theories you have selected.
- Discussion of strengths/limitation of the theories.
- Discussion of how the theories apply to your selected individual(s)?
- Images to support your points.
- Evaluation of cultural influences on personality development of your celebrity (celebrities).
- A minimum of two (2) educational/peer reviewed sources from the library from each group members. These should be journal articles from psychology journals related to course topics. You can find access to FREE ones via the FIU library.
- Speaker notes to add details to your slides. Slides should only contain the main points.
- Your name clearly labeled on your slides. EACH individual group member is responsible for submitting the finalized project via their GROUP project link in Canvas.
Formatting Reminder: You are expected to format your presentation according to APA formatting guidelines. Please see the APA resources folder in our classroom for additional resources and tools for help in preparing your paper. Be sure to cite your sources accordingly, to avoid plagiarism in your formal written assignments.