1) Minimum 8 full pages (No word count per page)- Follow the 3 x 3 rule: minimum three paragraphs per part.
Part 1: Minimum 2 pages
Part 2: minimum 2 pages
Part 3: minimum 2 pages
Part 4: minimum 2 pages
Submit 1 document per part
All paragraphs must be narrative and cited in the text- each paragraph
Bulleted responses are not accepted
Don’t write in the first person
Don’t copy and paste the questions.
Answer the question objectively, do not make introductions to your answers, answer it when you start the paragraph
Submit 1 document per part
3)****************************** It will be verified by Turnitin (Identify the percentage of exact match of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
********************************It will be verified by SafeAssign (Identify the percentage of similarity of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
4) Minimum 3 references per part not older than 5 years
All references must be consistent with the topic-purpose-focus of the parts. Different references are not allowed.
5) Identify your answer with the numbers, according to the question. Start your answer on the same line, not the next
Q 1. Nursing is XXXXX
Q 2. Health is XXXX
6) You must name the files according to the part you are answering:
Part 1: Leadership
You have been an RN for 3 years. Six months ago, you left your position as a day charge nurse at one of the local hospitals to accept a position in the public health agency. You really miss your friends at the hospital and find most of the public health nurses older and aloof. However, you love working with your patients and have decided that this is where you want to build a lifetime career. Although you believe that you have some good ideas, you are aware that because you are new, you will probably not be able to act as change agent yet. Eventually, you would like to be promoted to agency supervisor and become a powerful force for stimulating growth within the agency. You decided that you can do a few things to build a power base. You spend a weekend designing a personal power-building plan
Make a power-building plan.
Topic: Elderly population
Personal strengths: Critical thinking and objective and effective communication
Will be helpful to consider your own community and personal strengths when solving this learning experience.
1. Give ten specific examples of things you would do to build a power base in the new organization.
2. Provide a rationale for each selection.
3. Outline specific actions that you would take.
Part 2: Leadership
To identify the attitudes and behaviors that indicate responsibility and accountability as nurse leaders.
Describe the role of nurse leaders in today’s health care environment.
according to “The American Nurse Reflection Study Guide” provided below (See ANF) and watch the American Nurse documentary (See link). The documentary provides a snapshot into the lives of five nurses. Use the reflection study guide to reflect and document your reflections as you watch the film.
1. What aspects of the movie you found to be most useful for your nursing practice? (Write in the firts person)
2. What nursing leadership roles did you see portrayed in the movie? (Write in the first person)
3. What attitudes and behaviors did the nurses in the film displayed that indicated responsibility and accountability?
4. What would you like to have seen in the movie that was not included? (Write in the first person)
Part 3: Leadership
Analyze “Lessons of the Geese”
1. Describe and explain the role of the nurse leader in developing a culture of team spirit.
2. How is the use of power and empowerment in creating the new culture
3. What leadership style do you believe would work best when creating a culture that values team performance?
a. Why? give an example
4. How this could be used to create and support an organizational culture that values and uses effective team concepts to improve clinical practice
Part 4: Leadership
Analyze “Lessons of the Geese
Purpose: will study the characteristics that define a leadership style, and how an effective leader can lead an organization to success.
Answer the following questions:
(Write in the first person)
1. Who is your leader and his or her leadership style
2. What leadership traits does your leader display?
3. Discuss the leadership capabilities that your leader demonstrated when faced with a difficult situation that required change
a. What was that leads to a successful resolution of the situation.
4. What was it that made this person such an effective leader?