Required reading- Chapter 8
The discussion board is aligned with the module objective “Discuss educational and community-based programs in Healthy People 2030.” For this discussion you will review the learning theories discussed in your textbook beginning on page 292. Choose 1 theory that you believe would best fit the target population who are experiencing or at risk for a health problem you identified in module one.
As part of the discussion you will:
· Review learning theories, principles and health education models (pg. 292), select one theory and apply to your diagnosis. “Risk of increase in new diabetes diagnosis amongst adult in Franklin county as evidenced by uncontrolled blood sugar, increased obesity, lack of physical activity and increased evidence of cardiovascular disease”.
· Define the learning theory and describe its major components.
· Discuss how you might apply it when addressing one of the health problem for a target population in your community. Cancer (Lung )in Seneca county, Ohio and heart problem in Franklin county, Ohio
· Narrow your population to a focused group, such as a classroom, church group or another reasonably sized group.
· List 2 – 3 teaching strategies you could use for your aggregate.
For example, if you have chosen childhood obesity as your identified health problem in week one, describe the learning theory that would work best with children ages 8 – 10, and explain why you believe that learning theory would work best with it.
· Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
· Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)