EXAMINATION QUESTION PAPER
|Assessment Period:||MAIN SESSION 2020 / 2021|
|Month Examination to be sat:||
Upload to turn it in by Friday 14th May 10am
|Module Title:||Logistics and Materials Management|
|Duration of Examination (in hours and minutes):||48 hours|
|Examination paper version number:||1|
|Suggested Word Count:||1,000 words per answer (+/- 10%)|
The following items are provided to Candidates:
· Examination answer booklet
· Are there any supplementary sheets provided with this examination paper?
· If yes, provide details: ___n/a____________________________
Instructions to Candidates:
· Calculators are NOT permitted
· English language dictionaries are NOT permitted
· This examination paper is a CLOSED book examination
· If OPEN BOOK, literature permitted: ____n/a_________________________
This paper contains a total of examination questions over pages (inc. front sheet)
You are required to answer questions.
Explain the ways in which an efficient warehouse operation can add value to an organisation.
Critically evaluate the importance of effective inventory management with particular reference to the roles of forecasting and inventory classification.
- Distinguish between push and pull production systems, identifying the benefits and challenges or drawbacks of each approach.
- Critically evaluate the differences between lean and agile concepts, highlighting some of the key principles, advantages and disadvantages of each approach