Primary Discussion Response is due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Lester and Jackie are both team leads in a large call center. Lester likes to be in control of his team. He monitors 5 calls a day per team member when the requirement is one call a week. Jackie monitors her team but instead of spending her extra time monitoring more calls she is getting to know her team, training, and building trust.
- Do you think Lester or Jackie’s team is more motivated? Why?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with a reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Reading and Learning Materials
Use the following resources to help you complete this assignment:
Introduction to Management:
- Chapter 3: Leadership Styles (pp. 52–55)
- Chapter 7: Understanding Motivation (pp. 158–159)
The Wharton School. (2019, May 15). Which leadership style is best for your team? Retrieved from https://online.wharton.upenn.edu/blog/which-leadership-style-is-best-for-your-team/