Information for the Hi-Test company’s production process for September follows. Assume that
all materials are added at the beginning of this production process, and that conversion costs
are added uniformly throughout the process.
Compute each of the following.
1. The number of equivalent units for materials for the month.
2. The number of equivalent units for conversion for the month.
3. The variable cost per equivalent unit of materials for the month.
4. The variable cost per equivalent unit for conversion for the month.
5. The total variable cost of goods transferred out.
6. The total variable cost of ending work in process inventory.
Please explain your work in detail and provide in-text citations. At least six (6) peer-reviewed
references are required among which one should be the textbook as source of the data.
Include the initial situation and the initial assumptions in your answer.