In the land of free trade, the public does not view all industries as equal. Do you believe that is ethical? Do you believe that some industries are unfairly targeted? Should it be consumers’ choice to partake in products that are not healthy for them, or do those companies have an ethical obligation to protect people?
- Download and review the Week 6 Assignment Template [DOCX]. Use it to assist you with the assignment.
- Choose one of the following industries to frame your paper:
- The pharmaceutical industry.
- The payday loan industry.
- Cloning for medical purposes.
Write a paper in which you:
- Describe the background of the industry and its customer base for which you are framing your argument.
- Prepare a sound argument that explained the major reasons you support the industry or the customer with strong supporting evidence.
- Justify your beliefs on whether it is possible for a company to simultaneously cater to both its best interest and that of the consumer, or if one always must prevail.
- Use at least two quality references. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine the ethical considerations for balancing corporate and social responsibilities.