Biblical concepts on competition—Is it inherently good or evil, and does it have a place in the kingdom? Philippians 2:3-6, 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 and 12:19-31.
- How compatible or helpful are these passages in give us guidance on how to run a business in your industry of interest?
- Compare the amount and type of concern we should have for another business in our industry of interest versus what we should have for an individual person working in that industry?
- Is it possible to run a business in your industry of interest in such a manner that you will be successful without taking away from another company’s market, it’s sales, and it’s profits, such that the other company could need to reduce employment or close, which would seem to not be in the spirit of Christian community and fellowship? Why?
Note: Selected Industry: Food Industry
- Review the initial product development and market demand report from your peer as submitted to the 2.3 Discussion.
- You will need to do appropriate research on the industry and category so that you understand them in order to make an educated analysis and recommendation for this section of the consultant’s report. It is important to start out with a thorough understanding of the category and industry. You should not rely on the original writer’s research and description of the industry.
- You will provide a 250- to 350-word review to your peer as a post in the discussion forum. Your review must provide a different or alternative perspective, interpretation, conclusion, and/or recommendation for at least one (1) of the four (4) elements noted in the assignment (these should be the four titled sections from the Market Analysis Report Template), based on your personal objective analysis of the category using credible sources. You do not need to have an alternative for all four elements of the assignment, but your alternative may involve more than one element since many of them are related.
- You will not discuss the original writer’s analysis or recommendation; all of your comments must be focused on your objective interpretation and analysis. You must have a distinctly different perspective and/or recommendation in your alternative response. In other words, you are looking at the same scenario in the same industry and/or category, but you are coming to a different conclusion such that any form of “I agree” in your review is not an option.
- You must cite at least two credible sources that were not used by the original writer to support your interpretation and recommendation.
- Cite your work per current APA standards, however, indenting of the references is not required due to the discussion board format. (See OCLS APA Writing Styles Guides)
- Construct a proposal to JGJ Inc. of 1000 words (+/- 50 words) using at least four credible and objective sources not provided as resources in the course in your analysis, plus at least one source provided in the course reading list.
- Use the titles from the Market Analysis Report Template to create four sections for this part of the consultant’s report:
- Porter’s five forces model
- Other macroenvironmental external factors
- Required Internal Resources and Competencies to Compete in the Market
- Required Licenses, Patents, and Rulings or Legal Requirements to Compete in the Market
- Porter’s five forces model is a standard for industry analysis, used extensively to understand the core profitability of a market. Because you have been hired to provide expert objective insight, you are expected to deliver a deep-level analysis using the Porter model. It is not the obvious factors, such as “the existing competition will fight for market share,” that create confidence in your ability from the client. It is the identification of the core foundational elements of an industry and the complicated interaction of external and therefore non-controllable factors that determine if a product launch is likely to be successful. Identifying those factors will make you seem valuable to your client.
- It is very likely that JGJ Inc. may not have all of the required internal competencies and resources necessary to compete in the new market. Since you are not an insider, you do not know all of your client’s capabilities, capacities, and resources. You do not need to know. Your role here is to provide a thorough objective description of what is needed, not to analyze or rate your client. Therefore, you will need to provide an objective overview of these needed competencies and resources ￼so JGJ’s management team can determine what it has and what it needs.
- Cite your work per current APA standards, however, indenting of the references is not required due to the discussion board format. (See OCLS APA Writing Styles Guides