Write a three- to five-page double-spaced paper (excluding title and reference pages), addressing the following:
- Distinguish the roles of Medicare and Medicaid managed care plans in the healthcare delivery system.
- Assess the similarities and differences between Medicare and Medicaid managed care plans by comparing (a) strengths, weaknesses, and incentives; (b) commitment to access; and (c) risks to the consumers.
- Synthesize two recommendations for improvement, including your justification, of each managed care plan. (You should have a total of four recommendations for both Medicare and Medicaid managed care plans.)
The Medicare/Medicaid Managed Care Plans assignment
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introduction and conclusion (Links to an external site.) paragraph.
- Must use at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or other credible sources published in the past five years in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment. Be sure to integrate your research (Links to an external site.) rather than simply inserting it.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined here (Links to an external site.) and here (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate references page (Links to an external site.) that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.