Select and read one of the following articles, located in the Topic 4 materials:
- The Role of Faculty Mentors in the Research Training of Counseling Psychology Doctoral Students
- The Career Development of Mexican American Adolescent Women: A Test of Social Cognitive Career Theory
Write a 500-750-word analysis of your selected article. Include the following in your analysis:
- What are the key differences between qualitative and quantitative research?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of qualitative research designs?
- What are the essential components that should be considered when applying qualitative methods to counseling outcomes?
In preparation for this assignment, read the “Maladaptive Perfectionism as a Mediator and Moderator Between Adult Attachment and Depressive Mood” article located in the Topic 3 readings.
Write a 750-1,000-word paper about your selected article. Be sure to include the following in your paper:
- A discussion about the key variables in the selected article
- Identify the validity and reliability reported statistics for the article
- The particular threats to internal validity that were found in the study
- The strengths and limitations of the multivariate models used in the selected article
- A reference and in-text citations for the selected article as well as one additional reference