Assignment: Agenda Comparison Grid and Fact Sheet or Talking Points Brief
In this Assignment, you will analyze recent presidential healthcare agendas. You also will prepare a fact sheet to communicate the importance of a healthcare issue and the impact on this issue of recent or proposed policy.
· Review the agenda priorities of the current/sitting U.S. president and the two previous presidential administrations.
· Select an issue related to healthcare that was addressed by each of the last three U.S. presidential administrations.
· Reflect on the focus of their respective agendas, including the allocation of financial resources for addressing the healthcare issue you selected.
· Consider how you would communicate the importance of a healthcare issue to a legislator/policymaker or a member of their staff for inclusion on an agenda.
The Assignment: (1- to 2-page Comparison Grid, 1-Page Analysis, and 1-page Fact Sheet)
Part 1: Agenda Comparison Grid
Use the Agenda Comparison Grid Template found in the Learning Resources and complete the Part 1: Agenda Comparison Grid based on the current/sitting U.S. president and the two previous presidential administrations and their agendas related to the public health concern you selected. Be sure to address the following:
· Identify and provide a brief description of the population health concern you selected and the factors that contribute to it.
· Describe the administrative agenda focus related to the issue you selected.
· Identify the allocations of financial and other resources that the current and two previous presidents dedicated to this issue.
· Explain how each of the presidential administrations approached the issue.
Part 2: Agenda Comparison Grid Analysis
Using the information you recorded in Part 1: Agenda Comparison Grid on the template, complete the Part 2: Agenda Comparison Grid Analysis portion of the template, by addressing the following:
· Which administrative agency would most likely be responsible for helping you address the healthcare issue you selected?
· How do you think your selected healthcare issue might get on the agenda for the current and two previous presidents? How does it stay there?
· Who would you choose to be the entrepreneur/ champion/sponsor of the healthcare issue you selected for the current and two previous presidents?
Part 3: Fact Sheet or Talking Points Brief
Using the information recorded on the template in Parts 1 and 2, develop a 1-page narrative that you could use to communicate with a policymaker/legislator or a member of their staff for this healthcare issue. Be sure to address the following:
· Summarize why this healthcare issue is important and should be included in the agenda for legislation.