This week, you will explore various assessment tools and diagnostic tests that are used to gather information about patients’ conditions. You will examine the validity and reliability of these tests and tools. You will also examine assessment techniques, health risks and concerns, and recommendations for care related to patient growth, weight, and nutrition.
Assignment (3–4 pages, not including title and reference pages):
Assignment Option 1: Adult Assessment Tools or Diagnostic Tests: Prostate-Specific Antigen
Include the following:
- A description of how the assessment tool or diagnostic test you were assigned is used in healthcare.
- What is its purpose?
- How is it conducted?
- What information does it gather?
- Based on your research, evaluate the test or the tool’s validity and reliability, and explain any issues with sensitivity, reliability, and predictive values. Include references in appropriate APA formatting.
• Evaluate the validity and reliability of assessment tools and diagnostic tests
• Analyze diversity considerations in health assessments
• Apply concepts, theories, and principles related to examination techniques, functional assessments, and cultural and diversity awareness in health assessment
• Apply assessment skills to collect patient health histories
Assignment 1: Adult Assessment Tools or Diagnostic Tests: