342.621 ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
This integrated assessment encompasses LO1, LO2 & LO3 for this course and is worth up to 40% of your overall mark. Nominate a team member to submit (online) the final copy of your assessment to Canvas/Turnitin by the due date specified – Thursday 9 July at 23:00 (11pm). Although there is no prescribed coversheet, you are required to include your own assignment coversheet with your names, student numbers, course code and assessment details (Assessment 3) clearly indicated. Please note that this assignment is to be completed in a report format.
The marking criteria at the end of this assignment brief should be used as a ‘checklist’ before you submit your work for grading. It will help you to determine if you have answered all aspects of the assignment brief as well as highlight any potential gaps in your work. Professional presentation of work is expected including appropriate source referencing (both in-text and a complete Reference List) using the APA7 format. Review the APA7 referencing information available on the MIT Library website: http://library.manukau.ac.nz/apareferencing
The following table detailing participation of individual team members needs to be completed and included in the appendices of the Business Plan.
The team is to decide on a participation score for each individual team member (that indicates level of participation), with 100% being the expected default indicating full participation.
If the team (by consensus) allocates a lesser percentage to an individual, then this may be used to adjust that individual team member’s mark. The individual participation score received will be factored into the total assignment mark awarded to determine an individual mark for that particular team member e.g. if the team receives a group mark of 80% a 50% individual participation score will result in 80 X 0.5 = 40% for that individual team member (if a team member has fully participated [100%] then they will receive the full mark awarded 80 X 1.0 = 80%).
|Full Name||ID||Participation score awarded by team (default 100%)|
Team Meeting Minutes must also be included as an appendix to your report (not included in word count of the assignment).
Using a report format, complete an integrated critical analysis, supported with evidence (OB literature review), of a team-selected substantive organisational ‘issue/problem’ that clearly identifies likely causes, effects and solution options together with specific justified recommendations.
- Select an organisation you or a group member has close familiarity with (no names of people or places are to be mentioned).
- Describe the organisation broadly in OB terms (e.g., size, structure, culture, climate, leadership & management style, politics, use of teams, workforce diversity etc.).
- Identify a ‘people management problem’ in the organisation that can be analysed from an OB perspective (e.g. poor workplace attitudes, low motivation, bullying culture, stress and work-life balance issues, poor productivity, internal conflict, stereotyping and prejudice, poor morale, poorly performing disengaged staff, absenteeism, high employee turnover etc.).
- Conduct an analysis, supported with evidence (OB literature review), that clearly identifies the likely causes and effects relating to the ‘issue/problem’ identified in the chosen case organisation (go beyond the superficial or visible symptoms and take a root cause analysis approach).
- From this analysis, identify a range of possible intervention options (eliminate, manage or mitigate) for resolving the organisational ‘issue/problem’.
- From the possible intervention options identified, select and recommend specific intervention options in order of priority. Ensure that appropriate justification is provided for each option recommended (i.e. why is the chosen option appropriate).
- In the appendices, provide a brief reflection on team effectiveness and performance.
- Nominate a team member to submit (online) the final copy of your assessment to Canvas/Turnitin by the due date specified – Thursday 9 July at 23:00 (11pm).
|Marks available||Mark achieved|
|2. Comprehensive description of organisation has been provided (e.g. size, structure, culture, climate, leadership & management style, politics, use of teams, workforce diversity etc.)||10|
|3. An analysis, supported with evidence (OB literature review), has been conducted that clearly identifies the likely causes and effects relating to the ‘issue/problem’ identified in the chosen case organisation||30|
|4. Summary and conclusions have been provided that include a range of intervention options for the identified organisational ‘issue/problem’||15|
|5. Specific (and justified) recommendations for interventions designed to resolve the identified organisational ‘issue/problem’ have been provided (in order of priority) for chosen case example||20|
|Reflection on team effectiveness and performance (in appendix)||5|
|Professional report presentation, including structure and referencing (APA7)||5|