Module 2 – Discussion (Lesson 3)
Overcoming Inequalities and Defending Human Rights
While the UN celebrated the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 2018, the world also saw its 12th consecutive year of decline in global freedom, with 71 countries suffering net declines in political and civil liberties. Progress toward gender equality has stalled overall, while movements like #MeToo and #TimesUp continue to expose the scale and severity of discrimination and violence facing girls and women. In many places, girls and women’s rights are deteriorating and harmful laws deny girls and women justice and dignity. The global pay gap will now take over 200 years to close.
- Please visit the The Global Goals website.
- Click on “Explore the Targets” and choose one (1) target for Gender Equality.
- Write a paragraph (minimum 3-4 sentences) stating:
- Why you selected that target.
- How can you, as a nurse,help to promote that specific target in your life right now?