Recall our discussion of perceptions and how they influence our behavior. In organizational communication, perceptions play a big part in our thinking and response mechanisms; thus, affecting how we behave. We encounter barriers and noise that only compound the decision-making process. This dynamic is in motion each time we face a situation at work or anywhere we may be.
Respond to the following work scenarios according to this scale:
A – Always
B – Sometimes
C – Never
- I believe and trust everything that my superior tells me.
- With communication, I process and filter the details to my advantage.
- Information is shared across my organization efficiently.
- Open and honest communication is always encouraged.
- Rumors and grapevine are effectively managed.
Reflect on each of your answers and describe your thought process. Provide any theoretical support for your communication behavior.
The Portfolio Activity entry should be a minimum of 400 words and not more than 750 words. Use APA citations and references if you use ideas from the readings or other sources.