Structure your action plan to address these four topics:
- List the remaining steps to secure a fieldwork site, including verifying whether there are specific state requirements for supervision. Some states have specific qualifications for supervisors. Double check whether or not your state does. What skills do you need to strengthen prior to, and during, practicum in order to prepare for more ongoing work with clients in internship.
- With the demands of fieldwork in mind, describe a plan to maintain balance between your personal and professional commitments. How can you prepare your support system to help you address this plan?
- Verify which licensure exam(s) are needed for entry and independent licensure in your state. Using resources reviewed in Unit 5, describe your plan for preparing for these exams.
- Identify professional organizations and activities selected to facilitate progress toward professional development goals. Consider how you will pursue appropriate skill development to be a culturally competent, ethical, and clinically skilled counselor.
You are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message and is characterized by correct grammatical usage and mechanical elements of scholarly writing. Present assignments in a narrative, paragraph format. You may include subheadings, but incorporate transitional phrases to link sections.
- APA formatting: APA formatting is required, including proper citations, references, title page, page headers, page numbers, and section headers. Refer to APA style and formatting for more information.
- Scholarly publication: When applicable, required scholarly research articles should be current; that is, no more than five years old.
- Number of pages: 4–6 pages. Assignment page length excludes the title page and reference pages (no abstract or table of contents necessary).
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.