Question 1Your team has been asked to test and document enhancements to a web application that allows buyers to purchase custom-printed canvas shoes. The tasks and dependencies are as follows:
- Create a testing plan
Once the testing plan is ready, your team can:
- Test the user interfaces
- Test the database
- Test the network
- Write the documentation first draft
When the user interface tests are complete, you can:
- Perform user testing—enlist some users to test the user interface
When the database and network testing are complete, you can:
- Perform integration testing—network with the database
When the user testing of the user interface and the database testing are complete, you can:
- Perform integration testing—database, network, and user interface
When all integration testing and user testing are complete, you can:
- Perform system testing
Then you can:
- Review and revise documentation
After all other tasks are complete, you can:
- Obtain management approval
Duration estimates for the tasks: a. 3 days b. 10 days c. 6 days d. 7 days e. 20 days f. 5 days g. 3 days h. 2 days i. 8 days j. 4 daysk. 5 days
- Create a network diagram and a Gantt chart for the project tasks. Ask your instructor if you are permitted to use software such as Microsoft Project to help you prepare your diagrams.
- What is the planned duration for the testing project?
- What is the critical path for the testing project?
- For each task NOT on the critical path, calculate the amount of slack available.
- If the user testing of the user interface takes 15 days, what will the impact be on the project duration?
- Required Practical Connection Assignment.pdf Required Practical Connection Assignment.pdf – Alternative Formats (480.104 KB)
- Required Practical Connection Assignment Rubric.pdf Required Practical Connection Assignment Rubric.pdf – Alternative Formats (685.998 KB)
Practical Connection AssignmentAt UC, it is a priority that students are provided with strong educational programs and courses that allow them to be servant-leaders in their disciplines and communities, linking research with practice and knowledge with ethical decision-making. This assignment is a written assignment where students will demonstrate how this course research has connected and put into practice within their own career.Assignment:
Provide a reflection of at least 500 words (or 2 pages double spaced) of how the knowledge, skills, or theories of this course have been applied, or could be applied, in a practical manner to your current work environment. If you are not currently working, share times when you have or could observe these theories and knowledge could be applied to an employment opportunity in your field of study. Requirements:
- Provide a 500 word (or 2 pages double spaced) minimum reflection.
- Use of proper APA formatting and citations. If supporting evidence from outside resources is used those must be properly cited.
- Share a personal connection that identifies specific knowledge and theories from this course.
- Demonstrate a connection to your current work environment. If you are not employed, demonstrate a connection to your desired work environment.