- Interview a nurse leader from a professional nursing organization to collect ideas for the project.
- Utilize your readings, research and resources to build the content. This should be a collaborative team process. Divide the workload for the project in an equitable manner among team members.
- Each group will design a voice- narrated Powerpoint or Prezi to create a presentation and provide an overview of a grassroots policy challenge (present or past) that the identified organization supports. The policy challenge can be a local, state or federal policy issue. Create a title slide or page with the full names of each group member. Include a final slide or page with key references cited in APA 6th ed. format.
- Each presentation should be between 5-10 minutes in length. Rehearse and time the presentation in advance to ensure that the 10-min. time limit is not exceeded.
- One person from each assigned group will post the group signature assignment for his/her group as an attachment in the week seven discussion forum on or before Day 3, Week 7.
- Each team member will submit his or her group powerpoint presentation individually in the D2L assignment upload box for grading.
Each presentation will need to include (but is not limited to):
- Brief description of the policy challenge the team has chosen and the nursing association that was identified.
- Describe the “Agenda” for the identified policy challenge. Include how the policy issue was identified, (Did the organization complete a review of the literature, an environmental scan and/or a SWOT analysis, etc.?)
- Brief description of key stakeholders (those who will be affected and those who can effect change), ie, interest groups, opposition groups/individuals or coalitions.
- List the different strategies that the organization plans to or has already used to inform/lobby legislators, ie, e-mail campaign, in-person visit, testimony, protest, etc.
- List and describe any non-legislative strategies that were used or plan to be used to support the initiative.
- Describe where this policy challenge is in the legislative process and its implications for the future.
FYI : i am not in a group, so i am by myself