You are making a presentation to a group of law enforcement officers. Your objective is to inform the LEOs of the extent of the problem facing law enforcement in regard to domestic terrorism and what they can do to secure their relative communities.
You will use a PowerPoint presentation to discuss the issue.
Choose ONE of the following topics:
- Lone-wolf offender
- Radicalized extremist(s) group (currently active)
(Note: It may not be the same organization used for the essay assignment.)
You MUST address the following:
- Briefly describe the nature of the problem. (Carefully analyze the problem: myths vs. facts.)
- Discuss the history of the problem.
- Describe the extent of the problem/issue (Are citizens/businesses at risk?) (Use research and statistics.)
- Use at least two actual examples/cases to illustrate the problem.
- What are the best practices to detect offenders/potential offenders/attacks?
- What are some of the problems faced by local law enforcement?
- What infrastructure protection is needed?
- Infrastructure is the basic physical and organizational structures and facilities (e.g., buildings, roads, and power supplies) needed for the operation of a society or enterprise.
- What are some recommended long-term solutions?
- Any other items of interest to law enforcement.
- The audience members should leave your presentation feeling more informed.