Topic: Stress and Violence in the Workplace
PLEASE NOTE: – This assignment is a follow-up to the last one with the “Topic: Employee Development.” ATTACHED.
Reports of violence in the workplace and stress-related injury or illness have become nearly commonplace in recent years. In this assignment, you will revise your earlier paper on employee development, analyze factors that contribute to stress and violence in the workplace, and analyze the legal and ethical obligations of employers to mitigate stress and violence in the workplace.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Refer to your Topic 2 submission of “Employee Development” and any instructor feedback on that submission.
· This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
· Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. The Manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
· This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Present a revised version (1,500-1,800 words total) of the paper “Employee Development” that makes improvements in the caliber of the writing and incorporates instructor feedback regarding content and writing. Include the following in your submission:
1. A reflection (250-300 words) that provides a bulleted list of the changes you made to the paper and discusses your revision process including how you incorporated your instructor’s feedback into the revised version. Similar to an abstract, this section will receive its own page following the title page and preceding the introduction to the paper.
2. The revised paper that incorporates instructor feedback; clarifies the thesis statement and solidifies supporting arguments; edits for grammar, spelling, and punctuation; adjusts word choice to display professional and scholarly language; and adjusts sentence structure for improved readability.
Write an additional 1,250-1,500 words that analyzes factors contributing to workplace stress and violence. Include the following in your analysis:
1. A research-based description of factors contributing to employee stress in the workplace.
2. A research-based description of factors contributing to violence in the workplace.
3. A research-based description of the legal and ethical obligations of employers to mitigate stress and violence in the workplace.
4. A research-based discussion of how appropriate performance management can mitigate stress and violence in the workplace.