In a group process, identify an emerging public safety ethical trend or organizational ethical issue and present the issue in a PowerPoint presentation posted to your Group Discussion area. Groups will be assigned by your instructor during week 2 of the course. As a group, conduct research into your issue and incorporate the results of your research, including high quality references, into your presentation.
The Ethical Issue Presentation shall cover all of the following topics:
- Presentation and discussion of academic and anecdotal resource materials
- Deconstruction of current public safety ethical issues related to your topic
- Discussion of the results of your group research into public safety ethical issues related to your topic, including high quality references
- Identification of acceptable and effective professional public safety ethical principles related to your topic, including possible best practices
- Include references on separate slide, in proper APA format
The Group Project is worth 100 points and is 20% of your final grade. Each group shall prepare a PowerPoint presentation. The presentation should be 10 to 15 slides in length, excluding table of contents, graphics and tables, and references. Be sure to include references to support your presentation. In the following descending order of preference, information sources must be either peer-reviewed articles, government reports, or other sources approved by your instructor. Internet information sources from other than authoritative sources are discouraged. See the Group PowerPoint Project Rubric grading rubric for more information.
Each group member must also complete an evaluation that will factor into the grade provided for the “group member evaluation” portion shown in the table above. Each group member may not get the same grade as the group member evaluation portion will be determined by other group members. These evaluations will be kept confidential. Not submitting group evaluation form, or submitting them late will result in a late penalty. The form is available in the Course at a Glance > PSAD 414 Group Participation Form.
THIS IS THE TOPIC TO WRITE ABOUT