PROJECT QUESTIONS & TASKS
1. Provide a project objective associated with the Astin Martin Graphics project. Include a list of assumptions about the project.
2. What is a work breakdown structure? What is a responsibility matrix? Using the Astin Martin project activity list and activity duration schedule, create a WBS and RAM.
3. Create a network diagram (graphical diagram) that shows the sequence and dependent relationships identified in the Astin Martin project activity list and activity duration schedule.
4. (Major) Using the project start time and the required completion date and the project activity list and activity duration schedule, calculate the ES, EF, LS, and LF times and total slack for each activity. Show results in table form. If your calculations result in a project schedule with negative total slack, revise the project scope, activity estimated durations, and/or sequence or dependent relationships among activities to arrive at an acceptable baseline schedule for completing the project within the required time line. Describe (including tables) the revisions you made.
5. (Major) List all activity costs. From the project activity list and activity duration schedule, estimate the cost of each activity. Then, determine the Total Budgeted Cost (TBC) for the Astin Martin Graphics project. Provide the information in table format by month. Objective evidence of derived costs is required for credit. Use labor and overhead rates as provided in your derived calculations.
6. Provide a cumulative budgeted cost curve for the Astin Martin Graphics project. Provide in appropriate graph format.
7. Astin Martin Graphics wants to know if you plan to use a management reserve for their project. Explain what the term reserve means and why you will use contingency reserve in the project or not. Be sure and consider the implications of using or not using the reserve. Provide appropriate detail in your response.
8. Astin Martin Graphics wants to know how JBB Software plans to employ cost management and earned value (EV) in their project. Define to them the following: TBC, CBC, CAC, CEV CPI, CV, FCAC, TCPI. In addition, explain to Astin Martin Graphics why it is necessary to calculate the earned value of work performed and how you plan to execute this task.
9. Astin Martin Graphics is concerned about how JBB Software will manage risks. Describe what JBB Software plans to do in order to manage risk on the Astin Martin Graphics project and if a risk assessment matrix will be employed and why. Provide appropriate level of detail in your response.