This is the first of four assignments which, as a whole, will cover all aspects of the project life cycle relevant to your selected project. You have been selected to be the project manager (for a project of your choice). The project that you decide to use should meet the key criteria of a project:
- Has a beginning and an end.
- Results in something being delivered to someone.
- Requires a series of activities that must be done to complete the project.
- Requires resources (e.g., people, materials) to complete the work.
The project must be one of a professional nature and must last for at least 12 months.
Note: You are prohibited from using projects that can found on the Internet, including projects found on sites like Course Hero. All project submissions will be submitted to SafeAssign for review.
Write a 4–6 page paper in which you define the scope of your chosen project. In your paper you must:
- Provide a brief summary of your chosen project.
- Describe at least three project goals and three project objectives.
- Identify the key customer(s) and at least two stakeholders for your project. Remember, you are delivering the project to your customer(s), however the stakeholders have a vested interest in your project.
- Describe at least three key milestones and/or deliverables for your project.
- Describe a high-level timeline that includes key tasks and deadlines.
- Estimate the project’s overall costs and any key staffing and non-staffing resources needed.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create a comprehensive project proposal that includes an overview, timeline, costs, and staffing requirements.
In an email from the professor:
- Remember, cut and paste the core Assignment questions into WORD and then begin addressing each question.
- Make sure you understand what are Project Goals and Project Objectives. I provide specific examples below.
- Contrary to popular belief – project goals and objectives (you must provide at least three for each) has nothing to do with solely delivering the project on time and within budget (although time and budget can be a part just not the only part). Goals expand and or add dimension to “what” the project will deliver. Objective provide “how” these goals will be reached.
- Example: My scope is to build a 3 bedroom 2 bath house; my project goals would be that the house be 1. Eco friendly and 2. Energy efficient. My project objectives is how I will reach these project goals: Example 1. Use chemical free materials and 2. Use the best energy efficient appliances. I only provided two example but you need to provide three.
- First – delivering project on time, within budget and within scope are NOT project goals/objectives. These are the natural expectations of all projects (project management goals) also refer to as the Triple Constraint or Golden Triangle:
- If my scope is to deliver a security software system:
- Goal 1 (What?) Software must be easy to use —> Objective 1 (How?) Use friendly navigational screens
- Goal 2 (What?) Software should prevent Hacking —> Objective 2 (How?) Research/implement best anti Hacking coding
- Goal 3 (What?) Software should also be mobile base —> Objective 3 (How?) Research/implement best mobile platform
- All the goals provide more details to the WHAT is to be deliver..
- 3.Identify the key customer(s) and at least two (2) stakeholders for your project. Remember, you are delivering the project to your customer(s); however, there are others (stakeholders) who have a vested interest in your project.
- 4. Describe (do not just list but describe) at least three (3) key milestones and /or deliverables for your project.
- 5. Describe a high-level timeline that includes key tasks and deadlines.
- 6. Estimate the project’s overall costs and any key staffing and non-staffing resources needed.
- 7. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.- BUT FOUR OR MORE QUALITY RESOURCES EARNS MAXIMUM POINTS
- Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.