For your initial post, you will present at least two viewpoints debating professional approaches to assessment used in psychology for your assigned age group. Please see the list below for your assigned age group. In addition to the required reading, research a minimum of one peer-reviewed article from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library on ability testing research at is pertains to your assigned age group.
In your initial post, you must
- Briefly compare and discuss at least two theories of intelligence and the most-up-to-date version of two intelligence tests related to those theories.
- Analyze challenges related to testing individuals in your assigned age group and describe any special ethical and sociocultural issues which must be considered.
- Analyze and provide evidence from research on the validity of the tests you selected that supports or opposed using those specific intelligence tests with your assigned populations.
- Present the pros and cons of individual versus group intelligence testing.
- Summarize the implications of labelling and mislabeling individuals in your assigned age group as a result of testing and assessment.
Last name begins with
- A through E: Preschool-aged children through age 7