Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 9, 10
- Minimum of 1 outside scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
The lesson and textbook readings for this week emphasize that race, ethnicity, and gender are all social constructs.
For the initial post, respond to one of the following options, and label the beginning of your post indicating either Option 1 or Option 2:
- Option 1: Compare and contrast what is meant by the social construction of race with what is meant by the social construction of ethnicity and what is meant by the social construction of gender. How or why is it beneficial to view these as social constructs?
- Option 2: For you personally, are your racial, ethnic, and/or gender identities more matters of how you view yourself or of how others view you? In what ways is how you view yourself influenced by the larger society and culture?
· Length: 1 Full Page
· APA format for at least two in-text citations and list of references
· Include citations from at least the assigned textbook/lesson reading and one additional outside scholarly source to support your response.