In this assignment, you will reflect on how federal law, research, and Interventions relate to early childhood exceptional education and how this knowledge can be used to improve professional practices.
· Create a Word document for your response.
· Use APA format for the title page, references page, and in-text citations.
· Use course readings and at least one source from outside the course to respond to the three topics.
· Develop an introduction and conclusion for the paper. Use the topics as subheadings.
· Reflect in a three-page paper (not including the title and references pages) on the following: Federal Legislation and Early Intervention
· Consider the impact of requiring states to make appropriate and free public education available to students with disabilities.
· What are the advantages of early intervention for students with disabilities?
· How do these laws relate to inclusion?
· What are the long-term benefits to implementing inclusion both for children with and without disabilities?
· How can awareness of these laws serve you as an educator and impact the families you serve?
· Research and Practice
· What role does assistive technology play in special education?
· How can you become an advocate for a student who can benefit from assistive technology?
· What have you learned to help you better select methods and materials for helping students with exceptionalities?
· Functional Behavior Analysis and Intervening on a Target Behavior in the Natural Environment
· What was most beneficial to you in the identification of a target behavior?
· How did the identification, data collection, and implementation assignments impact the way you view working with students with disabilities?