The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on the weekly concepts learned in the course.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Examine roles and competencies of advanced practice nurses essential to performing as leaders and advocates of holistic, safe, and quality care (CO1)
- Apply concepts of person-centered care to nursing practice situations. (CO2)
- Analyze essential skills needed to lead within the context of complex systems. (CO3)
- Explore the process of scholarship engagement to improve health and healthcare outcomes in various settings (CO4)
Reflection: write 1-2 paragraphs reflecting on your learning for the week. Guiding questions are provided or you may write about what you felt was most significant to you for the week.
- What do you most look forward to in your new role as an NP?
- What concerns do you have about transitioning to the role?
- Did anything about the APN roles surprise you?
DeNisco, S.M., & Barker, A. M. (2015). Advanced practice nursing: Essential knowledge for the profession (3rd ed.).
American Psychological Association. (2020). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.). American Psychological Association. https://doi.org/10.1037/0000165-000