Instructions: Answer the following questions in an essay that comprehensively discusses the issues raised by each question. Your answers should be written with correct punctuation, grammar, and citations. Your answers should be sufficiently detailed to demonstrate your knowledge of the topics raised by the question. To formulate your responses, be sure to utilize your text and research for additional insight and assistance in creating real-world scenarios where applicable. This paper should be between 1,250 and 1,750 words.
- What is the current structure and design of most police and sheriff’s departments?
- Provide an example of a police department using this type of design and explain how the agency is structured.
- What are the major problems (3–4) with this type of design?
- What organizational design would you recommend for a police agency and why?
- Provide illustrative examples to support your recommendation.
Note: This assignment will require outside research. Include at least four peer-reviewed resources. You may consult the online Library, the internet, the textbook, other course material, and any other outside resources in supporting your task, using proper citations in APA style.
Part 2 answer these questions
Describe how the history of policing has contributed to the negative image of the police officer in contemporary society.
In your opinion, can a systems approach apply to courts? Why or why not?
Do you consider courts open or closed systems? Why?