Required Textbook: Hagan, Frank E., Research Methods in Criminal Justice and Criminology, Pearson Education,Inc., 2014. ISBN: 978-0-13-300861-6.
Answer the Review Questions at the end of Chapter 7: APA Formatting, no plagiarism, answer in an essay format and like teaching others.
1. What are some distinctive advantages of a qualitative strategy for data gathering, such as participant obser-vation, over more quantitative approaches?
2. What are some specific procedures followed by those conducting participant observation studies?
3. Discuss some of the special considerations participant observers must be aware of when studying criminals in field settings”
4. Of what importance have case studies been in crimi-nological/criminal justice research? Provide examples that have used this approach.
5. Using Hamm’s Skinheads and Jankowski’s gang studies, discuss some of the potential dangers as well as pros-pects of studying deviant groups on their turf.”