· Develop a personal philosophy and framework acknowledging professional and accrediting agency competencies relating to the role and scope of practice of the family nurse practitioner. Identify a nurse theorist that you align your current/ planned practice and how they provide the foundation for this philosophy development.
· Describe the type of educational courses and professional requirements required for APRN professional certification and licensing within the state that you will practice.
· Identify the precise application process for your certification exam, your state regulations for application for prescriptive authority/practice, and issues related to APRN practice within your state.
· Evaluate and discuss APRN roles and prescriptive privileges and impact on client safety and care
· Compare the differences between prescriptive authority, credentialing, and clinical privileges and how each of these impact client safety and care
· Evaluate the development of the advanced practice nurse role from a global perspective.
· 1200 – 1500 word paper (not including the cover page and references)
· Required APA 7th edition for references and citations
· Include a minimum of 6 scholarly references (does not include text or websites) and the majority of references must not be older than 5 years
· Demonstrate analysis, evaluation and synthesis of information (see the rubric for specifics)
· Analyze the APRN role as an advocate, clinician, educator, and researcher (Course object 2, 3)
· Analyze the roles, empowerment of patients, and values needed to be an effective nurse advocate and policy player.(Course objective 2, 3)
· Discuss the APRN role as a change agent. (Course objective 2,3)
· Compare and contrast ways that an APRN can engage in research and the link between evidence-based practice and research. (Course objective 2, 3)
· Explain how evidence based ppractice research influences patient care outcomes (Course objective 2,3)
· Describe and summarize the role of the APRN in case management and the clinical expertise skills required as a foundation for case management (Course objective 2,3)
Estimated time to complete: 6 hours
NU 626 Unit 2 APNs and State Regulations Rubric
|NU 626 Unit 2 APNs and State Regulations Rubric|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent Development||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWriting||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAPA||