Throughout the course, you will find the need to cite many legal documents, cases, and more. The Success Center has a tutorial that covers legal citations in detail.
In this assignment, you are to write a two-page paper explaining the history, structure, and purpose of the U.S. Constitution.
Your paper should address the history and structure of the U.S. Constitution using the list below:
- Identify events that led to the creation of the document.
- Explain the need that was felt by the founders used to justify why it was written as it was.
- Identify the general topics covered in the various sections of the U.S. Constitution.
- The documents could be described by the processes it created. One of the most celebrated concepts is the rule of law. Explain how the Constitution contributes to that non-violent and orderly transition of power within the democracy.
- Address which sections focus on the amendment process and the transition of the government.
- Parts of the documents place very explicit limitations on the power of the government—choose two and explain them with some detail.
- Identify the branches of the federal government.
- Explain the role and power of the U.S. Supreme Court.
All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations.
COURSE TEXT BOOK
Author:Lee Epstein; Thomas G. WalkerVBID:9781483384023