School of Psychology
PS3519 – Memory & Language (Single Honours)
PS4532 – Memory & Language Processes (Joint Honours)
The Question Paper has two questions. You complete ONE question.
- All answers must be submitted by the final due date at the latest (we recommend that you submit earlier than this and stagger your submissions).
- A digital receipt/paper ID confirming submission can be downloaded from Turnitin after submitting.
- Late submissions will NOT be accepted.
- Turnitin: all essays will be checked for plagiarism. Check your similarity score in Turnitin. If this is high you should edit and resubmit your work.
- Do NOT contact staff for advice/guidance on answering specific questions.
- Please refer to the Alternative Assessment Information document on MyAberdeen for further advice.
You must answer ONE question
- Outline the basic principles of the garden path model of sentence parsing. Critically evaluate the evidence for this model.
- Explain how and why memories for new information can be biased or otherwise distorted by information that is already stored in long-term memory. Provide examples from three studies discussed in the lectures to illustrate your point and describe the psychological mechanisms that may explain these results.