For this assignment, you are a professor teaching a graduate-level public administration administrative law course at a traditional state university. Your task is to develop a formal presentation providing an overview of administrative law—specifically by comparing and contrasting the key defining aspects of administrative law within the American three-branch federal government structure, explaining how these functions are overseen/regulated, and ultimately, interpreting how they serve the common good of the public-at-large.
Your presentation must include the following with specific examples:
- Articulate an understanding of how federal agencies enforce their regulations.
- Explain the fundamental role that agency rulemaking plays in regulating society-at-large.
- Compare both formal rulemaking and informal rulemaking.
- Articulate the similarities and differences between rulemaking and adjudication.
- Analyze the various methods of oversight exercised by the judicial, legislative, and executive branches of the federal government over administrative agencies.
- Articulate how special interest groups (to include the media) can influence and/or shape public opinion about administrative agencies and place a spotlight on individual policies.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists and should cite material appropriately. Add audio to each slide using the Media section of the Insert tab in the top menu bar for each slide.
Support your presentation with at least seven scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 15-20 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 200-350 words for each slide
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate. Save the file as PPT with the correct course code information.
Upload your presentation and click the Submit to Dropbox button.