Signature Assignment: Design A Qualitative Study
A template is provided below for this Signature Assignment. Using the template provided and your relevant discussions from previous assignments in this course, with refinements from your instructors’ feedback, as appropriate: construct a proposed qualitative research plan. Your plan should reflect the features of qualitative research and the rationale for selecting a specific research design. Remember to support your work with citations.
- Problem Statement (with recommended revisions)
- Provide a clear justification with evidence on why this study is relevant to your field and worthy of doctoral-level study. Support your efforts using 3 scholarly sources published within the past 5 years to ensure relevancy. Remember, the problem statement should reflect your degree type (applied or theory-based).
- Purpose Statement (with recommended revisions)
- Apply the script introduced in this course and your instructor’s feedback to produce an accurate and aligned problem statement.
- Research Questions (at least two questions)
- The qualitative research query must be framed to deeply probe and investigate a problem. How, why, and what strategies are the best terms to include in your research question.
- Methodology and Design (with the rationale)
- Defend your choice to use the qualitative methodology to research your identified problem. Synthesize 2 or 3 sources to support your arguments.
- Defend your choice to use a specific qualitative research design. Synthesize 2 or 3 sources to support your arguments.
- Data Collection (outline and defend)
- Explain how and why you will select participants from a specific population. Include citations for the identified population, the sampling method.
- Describe data collection steps.
- Ethical protection of human subjects
- Data Analysis (include steps)
- Logically define the steps in data analysis
- Describe how the four elements of trustworthiness could be addressed
- References Page in APA Format
Length: 6-10 pages
References: 15-20 peer-reviewed resources.
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Upload your document and click the Submit to Dropbox button.