Review the Writing Assignment Instructions under Content before writing this case.
Individual Social Media Assignment (20 percent of final grade)
● You will select one of the social media above; you will write a three-to four-page paper on the contribution the selected social medium has made to digital marketing, providing recommendations on ways this contribution can be increased.
● Use ideas from our textbook and Internet research sources to help justify your assessment and recommendations.
The sections for the paper are:
1. Executive summary: Overview of key points and recommendations to be derived from the paper. (Typically students write this section last, even though it is placed up front).
2. Current and future target audiences and core users: Who and how many of them are using this now? Has it changed? If so, why? Who is projected to use this in the future? How can digital marketing best be used to reach these users?
3. Competition: Who are they now, and who are they projected to be in the future? Why? Include both direct competition (at a minimum, the social media other study groups are writing on and others listed below) and indirect competition (this could be another type of medium, such as TV or radio) that can affect usage or profits in a major way.
SWOT analysis (strengths/weaknesses/opportunities/threats) for selected social medium and its one closest competitor. For all sections, include comments on the impact, opportunity, and challenges for e-marketing the social medium to its users as well as how other organizations can use the social medium as a digital marketing tool with their users.
For direct and indirect competition, at a minimum include the following:
- Facebook – focus on individual and group-oriented social media
- Twitter – focus on short, concise social messaging and microblogging
- YouTube – focus on social video
- Pinterest – focus on social photography
- Instagram – focus on social photo sharing
- TikTok – focus on social video
4. Profitable business models: Is the social medium profitable? How and why? If not, what does it need to do to become profitable? If so, how might it need to change to improve profitability?