This week’s lecture focuses on employment law and the role it plays in organizations. Employment law has a significant impact on discrimination within the workforce. You will be reading about the different forms of discrimination, and the role of human resource specialists. The objective for this week is to evaluate the legal issues that affect compensation. Upon successful completion of this week’s lesson, you should be prepared to:
Evaluate the legal issues that affect compensation
Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
· Chapter 7 – Employment Law – (See attachment)
· Do you know the basics of employment law? – YouTube
Succession Planning, Outsourcing, Offshoring and Telework
Write 3-4 page paper discussing the following:
· Outlining the consequences of not abiding by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII)
· Its impact on employees and the organization.
· Paper must include a cover page,
· Abstract and 2-3 reference. Do not use Wikipedia.
· APA citing – All sources used must be cited both within the text and in a references section at the end of the lecture (use APA conventions for citing)