- Understanding the characteristics of communities and cultures: You must thoroughly articulate the perspectives, beliefs, traditions, or needs of various groups involved where community or culture is defined as any group of people with similar backgrounds or interests.
- Recognizing social or civic responsibility principles: You must provide an in-depth discussion of how social issues affect communities and cultures.
- Addressing the influence of social principles: You must thoroughly address how social elements influence behavior and decision-making where social elements can include but are not limited to history, religious beliefs, politics, communication style, economy, etc.
- Impact of social engagement: You must show a deep understanding of social engagement through thorough recognition of the impact of personal/social actions on communities and cultures.
Assume the following hypothetical scenario: Topnotch Protection Corporation is an American company that manufactures cost-effective protective covers for smartphones made out of innovative composite material, which currently is being manufactured and sold only in the United States. Topnotch has received interest for its innovative protective covers from various countries in Africa, Asia, Central America, Europe, and South America. Topnotch management is considering selling and manufacturing its innovative protective covers overseas in those countries to meet international consumer interest.
Select a specific country from the regions mentioned above. Discuss this developing international trade scenario from a social responsibility perspective by analyzing and explaining the companyâ€™s potential international trade with your specific country following the four core objectives listed above. Emphasize the following in your discussion of the above four core objectives (you must address all of the following points in your short paper):
- Necessary interactions among the following culture groups with their respective perspectives, beliefs, traditions, or needs: the firmâ€™s management, the firmâ€™s current domestic production workers and sales staff, the potentially hired workers and sales staff overseas, government regulators overseas, and customers overseas, etc. (address at least three of these groups). For example, what could be the different perspectives of these groups on international trade, etc.?
- Necessary consideration of how social issues affect these communities and cultures. For example, how do these groups view domestic versus foreign manufactured products? Is there a societal preference in your selected country to favor one over the other for certain products, and how does this affect these cultural groups and Topnotch Protection Corporation?
- Necessary consideration of how social elements influence the behavior and decision-making of your selected culture groups. For example, how do the economy and economic conditions in your selected country influence the behavior and decision-making of your selected culture groups in terms of Topnotch Protection Corporation penetrating the market? Or how do beliefs and communication style in your selected country influence the decision-making of cultural groups in terms of advertising/marketing strategies and consumer behavior, government regulator behavior, etc.?
- Necessary consideration of how personal and social actions impact cultural groups. For example, how does the personal responsibility of income/profit maximization of cultural groups intersect with the social responsibility of cultural groups to maximize societal welfare, such as to achieve maximum economic growth, full employment, etc., in your selected country? What actions, individually and collectively, may cultural groups undertake to support desirable outcomes for society?
Conclude with a concise summary in line with the four social responsibility core objectives listed above.