Assignment 2 Social Structure and Social Interaction
Introduction to Sociology
(Your professor’s name)
· List 5 statuses that you currently have.
· Label each status as either ascribed, achieved, or master. Remember that a master status is not a status that you have mastered. It refers to a status that is so important that it overrides all other statuses.
|·||Status||Label (Ascribed, Achieved, or Master)|
Roles (Write a paragraph of at least 5 to 7 sentences answering the following questions.)
· Choose 1 status from your list.
· Describe the role that is associated with the status.
· Describe how you learned that role.
Role Conflict (Write 1 to 2 paragraphs of at least 5 to 7 sentences each answering the following questions.)
· Describe a time when you experienced a conflict because of the demands of two different roles associated with any of your statuses.
· How did you resolve the conflict? (Discuss any conversations or social interactions that you had.)
· List any active listening skills you used to resolve the conflict. If you didn’t use active listening skills, then list the skills you could have used to resolve the conflict.