Societal members dictate deviant behaviors. In this assignment, you will create a PowerPoint Presentation covering the different theories of deviant behavior. Consider how the theories impact definitions and perceptions of normal and abnormal behaviors.Outcomes
- Identify different definitions of deviance (A, C)
- Differentiate the positivist theories of deviance (B)
- Compare and contrast the different positivist theories (B)
- Apply the positivist theories to deviant behavior (B)
- Differentiate the constructionist theories of deviance (B)
- Compare and contrast the different constructionist theories (B)
- Apply the constructionist theories to deviant behavior (B)
Create an 8-10-slide presentation about the theories of deviance. Include the following in your presentation:
- Explain the major approaches to deviance: Positivist Theories of deviance include the Anomie-strain Theory, Social Learning Theory and Control Theory.
- Constructionist Theories of deviance focus on the Labeling Theory, Phenomenological Theory or Conflict Theory.
- Describe two specific examples of deviant behaviors that fit for each theory. https://austessay.com/
- Detailed speaker notes that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person. Place speaker notes in the “notes” second under each slide.
- A title page, reference page, and citations.
- At least three scholarly sources.