Selecting at least two of the major categories of your own identity, discuss how those categories have intersected to shape your own life experiences, and how your experiences may be similar or different from others on the basis of one or both of those categories. A good example if Sojourner Truth’s speech “Ain’t I a Woman,” in which she points out that her status as a woman of color means she is not included in many of the conversations her fellow white feminists were having at the time.
(So i would say I am a 28 year old black woman so as far as choosing categories keep that in mind. It does not matter what categories you choose other than that)
- The response must be between 650-950 words. Students that fall short of the required word count will receive a 10% deduction.
- You must cite a minimum of 3 scholarly sources– news media articles do not count as scholarly sources, only peer reviewed journals, books, etc.
- You must cite all sources clearly and consistently, regardless of the citation style you choose be sure to keep it consistent.
- You must include a works cited (not part of the word count) at the end.
- You response should include considerable reflection on the pertinent course terms and concepts, failing to reference these consistently throughout will result in a deduction.