- Go to http://www.unoosa.org (Links to an external site.) and read the 1975 Convention on Registration of Objects Launched into Outer Space
- Go to the Registry on the website and do a comparative analysis of the data contained in the Registry (e.g., how often are individual states listed? Is there a change over time? What purpose is listed by individual state? Does it change over time?)
- Using materials from links on the UN Office for Outer Space Affairs website, the Journal of Space Law, and other resources such as The Space Review (Googling is encouraged), write a 4-7 page, double-spaced essay (footnoted with bibliography) on the following:
- Summarize the Articles of the Registration Convention
- Do the comparative analysis assignment above as the next part of your essay
- Does that analysis suggest flaws in the reporting process? How can they be tightened? If a Party falsifies the purpose of a launch, are there enforcement or punishment mechanisms? Should there be or how can it be done?
- Is the timing of notification of launch appropriate? Is there a veto power for other Parties if the purpose of the launch is in violation of the 1967 Outer Space Treaty?
- Are the definitions of launching state and state of registry clear? Are there problems in attaching responsibility and liability if the two are not the same? If title is transferred once in space? If the 1967 Outer Space Treaty is violated?
- What if a launch is not registered?
Plagiarism Free Papers
We have a team of professional writers who writer the entire tasks assigned to them afresh. Plagiarizing papers is not an option. Thus, we write assignments from scratch using our unlimited resources and the expertise in research to prepare assignments with references that correspond with accurate in-text citations.
+1 (209) 4875 5892