Utilization-focused evaluation is founded on the notion that an evaluation design must be responsive to the needs of those who will use its results. Other schools of thought may not view utilization as the driving force in the same way. Nonetheless, the point of all evaluation research is to have the findings used.
For this Assignment, step back from the evaluation you have been planning for your Final Project, and think about how the results will be used.
3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Identify which stakeholders you would involve and their roles in the evaluation process.
- Identify what you see as each stakeholder’s interest in the program you selected, and in the evaluation results.
- Identify any ethical issues that should be considered.
- Determine whether you will be able to meet their needs with the evaluation you have planned so far.
- After thinking about your evaluation from various angles, analyze ways in which you envision the need for the evaluation and the end results being put to use.
- Explain any changes that this analysis suggests for the remaining sections of your design that you have already developed.